InSite Listeria Species TestSKU: 9231040
*** FREE 3rd Day Select SHIPPING WITHIN THE CONTIGUOUS U.S. ***
Hygiena™ InSite Listeria is an easy-to-use, self-contained, environmental Listeria species test. Each device contains a chromogenic liquid media formulated with antibiotics, growth enhancers, and color-changing compounds specific to Listeria species. Simply swab the test area and wait. A change in color after 24-48 hours of incubation is considered presumptive positive. No expensive lab equipment is required and no additional sample handling of the sample is necessary.
InSite Listeria complements your lab testing with quick on-site screening results in just 24-48 hours. Eliminate the lengthy wait time for outside lab results and get ahead of contamination issues
It doesn't take a microbiologist to understand these results. When Listeria species is present in a sample, the liquid media changes color from amber to black.
Cut back on labor and materials. This all-in-one test utilizes a large foam sampler for maximum sample collection that eliminates the need for additional sponges, diluents, bags, and pipettes. The only equipment you'll need is an incubator.
- Delivers results in 24-48 hours
- Cost-effective test
- Self-contained reagent- no transfers minimizing the chance of contamination
- Color-changing device is easy to interpret
- Only equipment required is a 37°C ± 1° incubator - reduces materials and labor
- Snap-Valve™ technology - snap & squeeze
- Large 2.5-inch foam swab for maximum sample pickup
- Write-on swab label for easy sample identification
- Presumptive positive results are available for the most common Listeria spp in as little as 30 hours at levels as low as 1-10 CFU/mL
- Presumptive positive samples should be confirmed by streaking sample onto commonly used selective Listeria agar plates such as Modified Oxford agar, Palcam agar, or any other recognized confirmatory procedure. Typical Listeria colonies on selective agar plates could then be further analyzed by more definitive tests such as microscopy, biochemical tests, etc.
- Compared to UVM and BLEB, provides superior/equivalent recovery and faster detection of as low as 10-50 heat injured - - Listeria monocytogenes/mL within ~24-30 hours of incubation.
- Provides higher level of selectivity and sensitivity for heat injured L. monocytogenes under binary competition conditions compared to BLEB and UVM media
- 12 month shelf life at refrigerated temperatures (2 - 8 °C)